STEM UNIVERSITY - 2020
Ages 7 - 12
No prior experience necessary
Monday, Wednesday: 4 PM - 6 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 12 PM
Some of the topics covered in this class are Coding, Cell Phone App Design for iOS and Android, Electronics, 3D Modeling, 3D Printing, Intro to Microsoft Office Software including Word, Powerpoint, and Excel, Webdesign, Animation, Robotics, 2D Game Design, Physics of Flight
(Intro to Aeronautics), Typing, and more.
This comprehensive class will introduce students to exciting new emerging technologies through award-winning, kid-friendly platforms.
• Ozobots: Voted the best educational tool of 2015, Ozobots introduce kids to robotics & programming in a fun and interactive way.
• MBots by MakeBlock: An entry level STEM educational robot kit based on the Scratch 2.0 and Arduino IDE.
• MinecraftEdu: a version of Minecraft designed by teachers for classroom use. Control tiny robotic characters that can do most of the things players can via a tile based visual editor. This provides a low threshold entry point to start programming.
• 3D Printing: draw an infinite variety of shapes and items, on both the 2D plane and within 3D free space using 3D printing pens. A 3d pen is a great tool for anyone interested in 3D modeling. The pens allow students to illustrate – in 3D – concepts in math, history, art, design, and chemistry, giving them a tangible means to explore complex ideas.
• 3D Modeling: learn about various techniques for use in modeling in 3D.
• 2D Game Design: LÖVE is an *awesome* framework you can use to make 2D games in Lua. Students that have completed the MinecraftEDU module successfully will apply the skills they learned from programming turtles towards the challenge of developing a computer game!
• Animation: Learn about various techniques for use in modeling in 3D, texturing, materials, topology, high and low poly modeling, lighting, animation of both organic and mechanical meshes, as well as setting up small animated scenes or sequences.
• and Much More: We are constantly working to add new content relevant and useful to little geniuses. Let's help them tackle the world with a leg up on the future.
• Exposure to age-appropriate platforms utilizing emerging technologies.
• Familiarity with emerging technologies and their real-world applications.
• Understanding of basic design and programming fundamentals.
• Critical thinking and problem solving with hands-on activities.
Daily Rate: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
2 hours a day Rate: $45
Whenever possible, please register for a session ahead of time. Mondays and Wednesdays do allow for drop-ins, but Saturday is by registration only. Thank you!
Past Special School Holiday Classes
AM Session: 8am-12pm
PM Session: 1pm-5pm
Half Day: $60
Full Day: $120
Monday, Nov 11, 2019
Monday, Nov 25 - Wednesday, Nov 27, 2019--See our STEMU Thanksgiving Camp
Monday, Dec 23 2019- Friday, Jan 3, 2020--See our
STEMU Holiday Break Camp