GIRLS WHO CODE
This program is temporarily closed due to COVID-19
PVNet will updated this page when new arrangements are made. Thank you for your understanding!
Girls who code
THIS IS OUR 5th YEAR OFFERING GIRLS WHO CODE!
Girls Who Code is a great club focused on supporting girls interested in coding.
A local club hosted & sponsored by PVNet Education & Technology Center, Girls Who Code is a nationally renowned non-profit organization which aims to inspire, educate, and equip young women with 21st century computing skills and ultimately close the gender employment difference in technology.
The mentors are AMAZING! They are giving their time to support the girls in this club who are serious and making a commitment to learn coding.
AGE REQUIREMENT: 13-16
TERMS FOR PARTICIPATION:
Club memberships is a privilege made possible by the investment of time and money of others for your benefit.
Membership is offered at no charge to girls whose family supports the their effort and agrees to the following:
1. Upon registration, you promise to attend all the meetings
2. In the event you miss a meeting you agree to pay a no-show fee of $25.00
3. Agree to obtain and wear to all meetings a PVNet Girls Who Code T-shirt available from a local vendor. Payment for T-shirt is required at registration
4. Upon registration, you agree to a $100 cancellation fee if you cancel or drop out. No exceptions.
5. This class is for beginners, so if you have already taken Girls Who Code or have more experience and knowledge than a beginner, we suggest taking one of our other courses such as Python, Java/Java Script, C#, and more.
So, sign up and we'll see you there!
Girls Who Code Meeting Dates - TBD
FINAL CLASS - STUDENT PRESENTATION DAY
Final presentation night is important and offers students the opportunity to be recognized for their efforts.
At least one parent must be present to celebrate their child's work.
This meeting is a pot luck so be sure to bring something to feed 4 people.
If you are an adult female with the right coding experience and want to help the instructor please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: I want to volunteer
Brief description of coding experience