WINTER BREAK - STEM UNIVERSITY CAMPS
WINTER BREAK CAMPS
Ages 7 - 12
No prior experience necessary
Mornings: 8 AM - 12 PM
Afternoons: 1PM - 5PM
Dates: December 23 - January 3
Monday - Friday
PVNet is closed on Christmas and New Years
NO Afternoon classes on Christmas Eve
PVNet makes the STEM field fun! Introduce your child to the joys of the STEM field. Some of the topics that are covered in this camp are coding, electronics, 3d modeling, 3dprinting, game design, and more.
Sign up Using the Form at the Bottom for Daily or Weekly (discounted) Camps!
This comprehensive camp will introduce students to exciting new emerging technologies through award-winning, kid-friendly platforms:
• Ozobots: Voted the best educational tool of 2015, Ozobots introduce kids to robotics & programming in a fun and interactive way.
• MBots by MakeBlock: An entry level STEM educational robot kit based on the Scratch 2.0 and Arduino IDE.
• MinecraftEdu: a version of Minecraft designed by teachers for classroom use. Control tiny robotic characters that can do most of the things players can via a tile based visual editor. this provides a low threshold entry point to start programming.
• 3D Printing: draw an infinite variety of shapes and items, on both the 2D plane and within 3D free space using 3D printing pens. A 3d pen is a great tool for anyone interested in 3D modeling. The pens allow students to illustrate – in 3D – concepts in math, history, art, design, and chemistry, giving them a tangible means to explore complex ideas.
• 3D Modeling: learn about various techniques for use in modeling in 3D.
• Game Design: LÖVE is an *awesome* framework you can use to make 2D games in Lua. Students that have completed the MinecraftEDU module successfully will apply the skills they learned from programming turtles towards the challenge of developing a computer game!
• Animation: Learn about various techniques for use in modeling in 3D, texturing, materials, topology, high and low poly modeling, lighting, animation of both organic and mechanical meshes, as well as setting up small animated scenes or sequences.
• and Much More: We are constantly working to add new content relevant and useful to little geniuses. Let's help them tackle the world with a leg up on the future.
• Exposure to age-appropriate platforms utilizing emerging technologies.
• Familiarity with emerging technologies and their real world applications.
• Understanding of basic design and programming fundamentals.
• Critical thinking and problem solving with hands-on activities.
Interested in a Full Day STEM Camp?
For full day camps (from 8 AM to 4 PM) students must be registered for both (Morning & Afternoon) sessions.
PVNet provides an eating area inside the premises for students to have lunch from 12 pm - 1 pm.
Students must bring their own lunch.
If parent/guardian have given permission (on the registration form) to go offsite without an instructor or parent/guardian supervision, the student will be allowed to leave the premises to purchase/ eat lunch.