Save With New STEM-U Memberships!
INCREDIBLE DEAL FOR PARENTS
ACT NOW and Save $70/month when you enroll in a STEM University Membership
That's almost 2 FREE STEM classes each month!
Minimum 2-month commitment required
Convenient 2 Month Minimum Membership auto renews unless cancellation notification is received 2 days prior to end of membership.
What You Get:
Each student is allowed 6 STEM-U classes each month, valued at $270.
Your favorite STEM-U classes, including MIT Minecraft, Game Design, 3D Printing Design and more!
New STEM-U classes, such as typing, 3D printing pen, and MS Word.
Mondays: 4:00pm-6:00pm - Drop-ins welcome!
Wednesdays: 4:00pm-6:00pm - Drop-ins welcome!
Saturdays: 10:00am-12:00pm - Advance registration required
Choose and enjoy any 6 STEM U sessions each month. Monthly rollovers not permitted. Advance registrations take priority over drop-ins in the event a class is full.
No penalty for cancels or no-shows on Mon and Wed. 24 hr cancellation required for Saturday sessions.
Cancelled or missed classes may be rescheduled for another day in the same month. Missed classes cannot be rescheduled for a different month.
PVNet is a Nonprofit Charity 501(c)(3)
More details below!
Huge discounts on
6 classes each month/2 per week
Originally valued at $270
Drop-ins Monday & Wednesday. Plus Saturday STEM!
Tons of classes
Incredible career skills
EXPERIENCE INCREDIBLE SAVINGS
WHAT YOU GET AS A MEMBER
New STEM-U courses alongside your favorites
Be sure to review the Membership Agreement
OVERVIEW OF STEM UNIVERSITY
This comprehensive class will introduce students to exciting new emerging technologies through award-winning, kid-friendly platforms.
• Ozobots: Voted the best educational tool of 2015, Ozobots introduce kids to robotics & programming in a fun and interactive way.
• MBots by MakeBlock: An entry level STEM educational robot kit based on the Scratch 2.0 and Arduino IDE.
• MinecraftEdu: a version of Minecraft designed by teachers for classroom use. Control tiny robotic characters that can do most of the things players can via a tile based visual editor. this provides a low threshold entry point to start programming.
• 3D Printing: draw an infinite variety of shapes and items, on both the 2D plane and within 3D free space using 3D printing pens. A 3d pen is a great tool for anyone interested in 3D modeling. The pens allow students to illustrate – in 3D – concepts in math, history, art, design, and chemistry, giving them a tangible means to explore complex ideas.
• 3D Modeling: learn about various techniques for use in modeling in 3D.
• 2D Game Design: LÖVE is an *awesome* framework you can use to make 2D games in Lua. Students that have completed the MinecraftEDU module successfully will apply the skills they learned from programming turtles towards the challenge of developing a computer game!
• Animation: Learn about various techniques for use in modeling in 3D, texturing, materials, topology, high and low poly modeling, lighting, animation of both organic and mechanical meshes, as well as setting up small animated scenes or sequences.
• and Much More: We are constantly working to add new content relevant and useful to little geniuses. Let's help them tackle the world with a leg up on the future.
• Exposure to age-appropriate platforms utilizing emerging technologies.
• Familiarity with emerging technologies and their real-world applications.
• Understanding of basic design and programming fundamentals.
• Critical thinking and problem solving with hands-on activities.